Saturday, May 29, 2010

Back to my books

Hello, I’m back! After a month of absenting from books and a whole week struggling with jetlag, I finally celebrated my return to normal life by a reading frenzy. Five books in three days and I’m vary very happy!
Books four and five from “Broken Heart” series by Michele Bardsley. “Wait till your vampire gets home” and “Over my dead body” are about two more of those single parents that were attacked and turned vampire, one cold night in Broken Heart, Oklahoma. In the first one, Debby; a paranormal investigator is spying on a handsome guy in cemetery at night when two fighting dragons crash nearby. Debby and the cute guy with superpowers go for help and…
In second one, Broken Heart’s only auto-mechanic the beautiful Simone has to face her past and the nightmare she escaped from. But there is that new guy from PNI team Brady who insist on helping her every step of the way.
Now, had I said before I don’t like this series? Well, I don’t! I can only blame my checking out these books on my long absenting from books!
Then “Nice Girls don’t live forever” by Molly Harper. It is the third book of the series and Jane the librarian is breaking up with Gabriel, her boyfriend; in a hotel room in Brussels and coming home to work on a new empowered version of herself and reopens her bookstore.
I liked it. The story is funny, straight forward and amusing. No extra characters, no complicated plots, just good old fashion paranormal romance.
What I had waited long for: “Succubus Shadows” by Richelle Mead (Georgina Kincaid series, Book 5). Our favorite succubus has to help her friend pick wedding gowns, come to term with the fact that her ex is marrying her friend and fight a strange and dreamlike siren song. She is busy and she is down. Well, downer than usual. But she has some wonderful friends who love her and are more than ready to search heaven and earth to help her.
So good, so little; so short!
And “Tales of other Word” by Kelley Armstrong is a collection of her online novellas plus a new story: How Clyton and Elena met! Go read it quick! It’s so good!

No comments: