Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Long awaited Chocolate

It has been a very long time that I posted about chocolate. Now this close to New Year, I think it is a good time to talk some sweet nonsense and round up the year with chocolate.
I have been very devoted to Trader Joe’s these past few months (they opened a new branch close to our house), specially their wonderful French Truffles which I adore! Three of these per day and you have your fix of chocolate for day.
Another chocolate bought from Trader Joe’s was “Simply Light” chocolate bars. They come in three flavors, Milk chocolate, Dark chocolate and Almond Dark chocolate and are supposed to be low calorie. They are very sweet (probably from artificial sweeteners) and oily. Also there is some special type formulated for Carb-Watchers and is gluten free but again too sweet and oily for my taste.
Have been adoring Lindt’s Lindor Truffles White Chocolate. They are creamy and comforting and melt in you mouth goodness. My only problem was not getting enough cocoa from these truffles. They were more like cookies for me and I had to have a piece of dark chocolate afterward to get my cocoa fix.
My recent discovery is Godiva’s small chocolate bars. You can get these treats in supermarket for $3.00 and enjoy a quick fix! I’m currently enjoying the Milk chocolate flavor which has all the goodness of Godiva truffles. Each bar can be broken into four not-so-little squares and enjoyed separately.

No comments: