Thursday, October 15, 2009

Long time….

OK, it has been a boring week book-wise and most of it was my own fault! I knew I wasn’t in the mood for more Susan Witting Albert’s mysteries. But I had them on hold in the library so I had to check them out! “Nightshade” and “Spanish Dagger” were from China Bayles series and “Death on the Lizard” was an Edwardian mystery.
All seemed very tame and slow! I guess I wasn’t in the mood for conversations dragging on and on and everything being quite and nice!
Another mistake of mine was “Ice Song” by Kirsten Imani Kasai. A fantasy adventure in a strange land, the plot was confusing, the time line mixed and the characters weird. A very mixed up messed up story in my opinion!
This week’s good reads:
How to Dazzle a Duke” by Claudia Dain was the fourth book of The Courtesan Series. Still am in love with the characters, Lady Sophia is just amazing and I love the way she manipulates everyone toward her own goals. So lucky I found the book in the library by chance!
My favorite Spanish captain was back in the latest book of Arturo Perez-Reverte: “The Cavalier in the Yellow Doublet”. Captain Alatriste is involve with an actress, all his friends are disappointed in him and he may have entered into a plot against the king.
Arturo Perez-Reverte is god and I worship his writing!
Finally got seduced -or had nothing better to read and was forced- to read “Skin Trade” (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 17) by Laurell K. Hamilton. OK, OK, I admit it: it was much better than the last couple of books of the series! It had a plot and didn’t (much) involve Anita having sex with random guys! But admit it, that whole Vittorio character was weak!

No comments: