Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Read slow, party fast!

I am reading very slowly and have been busy with a bit of traveling, a lot of school and a little autumnal laziness!
Last week I finished “Dreamfever” by Karen Marie Moning while cruising to Ensenada, Mexico.
Loved the story! Mac has gone through so much in her battle with Unseelie princes but it is not time to be safe and happy. Her parents are in danger and there is a mystery concerning the fourth prince. The book ends as she is lost between dimensions and is fighting a monster, leaving us in suspend to the identity of that last kill.
I can not wait a whole year or two for the next book. I offer my first born for a chance to read the next book right now! Anyone?!!
Am reading “Soulless” by Gail Carriger. It is the first book of The Parasol Protectorate series and I am hooked! I love it! In an alternative reality, in Victorian England, the supernaturals have been out of closet for centuries. There is a certain young (not so young in that time standards) spinster lady who has certain supernatural or preternatural abilities. Ooh, and there is this gorgeous gruff alpha werewolf and this flamboyant frilly vampire and…
Ah, no, I am not going to tell you more! At least not until I have finished the book and reread it!
Go check the author’s website and this interactive game of dressing the main character. For anyone with any love for fashion, vintage, supernaturals and history; this series is a must!

No comments: