Saturday, October 3, 2009

Book report

Have to return a bunch of books to the library and check out another bunch so a written report is necessary!
Read three books of China Bayles series by Susan Witting Albert: “A Dilly of a Death”, “Bleeding Hearts” and “Wormwood”. China is a former lawyer who now lives in a small town in Texas and growing and selling herbs and seasonings. She gets tangled up in murder mysteries and solving them with the help of her family and friends. The stories are slow, calm and the bad guys usually get stricken by lightening or fall into the river or something so the stories are not very violent. Let’s say I will revisit this series in 40 years and will enjoy it properly then!
Another book by Susan Witting Albert and her husband Bill Albert -writing under the name Robin Paige- was “Death at Blenheim Palace”. A lord and lady Sheridan are famous for solving mysteries in this Victorian/Edwardian mysteries series. This couple are guests at Blenheim Palace and get involve in solving the mysteries of stolen jewelries, a lost housemaid and a very brash straightforward mistress.
Again a slow series but had great descriptions of art and architecture and landscape.
My problem is putting hold on more of these two series in the library and now they are ready and I’m not very interested in reading them!
Blood Promise” by Richelle Mead was the Vampire Academy series, Book 4. Rose has gone to Russia searching for Dimitri and she meets his family, sees his village and finally finds him. She still can not believe the change he has gone through and needs to be rescued. AT the St. Vladimir’s academy Adrian and Lissa have found a new friend named Avery but is she what she claims to be? It was a great story full of adventure and heartbreak and action, no wonder I adore every single one of Ms. Mead’s works!
Finally gave up and read “Lover Avenged” (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 7) by J.R. Ward. I’m so glad I did, it renewed my faith in JR Ward’s writing! The book was much better than the last two previous ones; definitely beat the Vishous and Phury’s stories. I always liked Rehvenge, somehow like when you like an old crazy dog in the neighborhood! In this story I admired him and become to love him as a long suffering silent hero. I’m glad I overcame my aversion to the series and return to following it! It is getting good! However I still can’t stand the rap/gang/black lingo thing Ms. Ward has going on!


Need new books and need them fast!

No comments: