Monday, February 25, 2008

The Jinx of a book!

Apparently I’m not reading enough. My mood is bleak, my temper short and my head is pounding, all bad signs! Good news is I broke that jinx and was able to finish a book! Yaay! It was a “Jinx” anyway! This book of Meg Cabot is a story for Young Adults. Jean (Jinx) comes to NY to live with her aunt and uncle and their three children. Jean is running away from some mistakes which are bound to catch up with her. Worse than that her cousin Tory thinks of herself as a powerful witch (and the only one who inherited the powers of their great-great grandmother). Also the only one who has been friendly toward Jean at school is a boy whom Tory has been in love with like forever. Jean has good reasons to believe she is jinxed for life. What a mess!
“The accidental Werewolf” also looks good. I’m halfway through the book and the story has been great so far. Ms. Cassidy has a wicked sense of humor and the working of Marty’s mind is hilarious.
That’s it for now! Stay tuned for farther developments! Ha!

No comments: