Thursday, January 10, 2008

I’m not writing!

I am not in the writing mood, am too tiered, sleepy and cranky! Why? Don’t know!
I discovered, read and finished a new series by Patricia Wynn, “The Birth of Blue Satan”, “The Spider's Touch”, “The Motive from the Deed”, all Featuring Blue Satan and Mrs. Kean (Blue Satan Mystery series).
Blue Stan aka Viscount Gideon St. Mars, an aristocrat in 1715 who was wrongly accused of murdering his own father and lost his lands and titles. The cute and intelligent girl Hester Kean is his only friend. The series a historical mystery and pictures the events at the end of Louise XIV life and the war between James Stuart and George of Hanover very well. The series is well researched and well written, the plot absorbing and the characters endearing. I’m so in love with St. Mars! Can’t wait too see what happens at the end. Hope he gets back his home and clear his name and live happily!
Then a quick look on “City of Shadows” by Ariana Franklin showed me that I’m seriously tiered of reading about that girl who impersonates the Grand Duchess of Russia Anastasia. Didn’t finish the book! Humph!
Lover Unbound” (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5) by J.R. Ward was disappointing. Yeah, V is this total jackass hero! Hated him and the story too! He finds Jane and then she is killed and her ghost comes back and lives like a real person?! WTF? She can eat and drink and talk and make love? Very convenient, very unbelievable, totally F-ed up!
I’m going to fallow the Black Dagger brotherhood series but I don’t like it! All that mob-trash lingo (even women talk like that!) and that hip hop mismatch dressing and … I’m so not feeling it! Just want too see how Ms. Ward finishes the series!
And last but not least, I finally finished “Rebel Fay” (The Noble Dead, Book 5) by Barb Hendee and J.C. Hendee; just on time for the next book! Well, it is violent and all the characters are lost and frustrated and unhappy and the ending looks dark and grim. However, I still have hope that this series will ends happy and Margier and Leesil and Chap can go back to their tavern and live a nice life! And maybe Lily will go with Chap too! And Wynn finds a nice man (not that Chane guy or that stupid Osha!), and every elf and human will be friend and there is flowers and laughter and songs everywhere and… What?! I can hope, can’t I?

No comments: