Saturday, December 22, 2007

"Making Money"

For those who don’t know Terry Pratchett’s Disc-world, I pity you people!
I finished “Making Money” and love love loved it! Moist Van Lipwig is back and is taking over a bank and renovating the banking system and money making business of Ankh-Morpork. Yeah, he used to take money out of the banks (mostly at night!) not into it but hey, he is reformed! He just likes to pick the locks of post office (he is general postmaster and the big boss there) for practice and out of boredom! Anyway he is back and it’s fun and excitement all around! Lord Vetinari and people of Ankh-Morpork believe in him, why don’t you?!
Then it was “A Vision of Light: A Margaret of Ashbury Novel” (Margaret of Ashbury Trilogy) by Judith Merkle Riley. Remember her? In this book she is dictating her life story to grumpy brother Gregory and learns to read and write. After the unexpected ending of the story (yeah, like I already hadn’t read the third volume!) I can’t wait for the second book of the series. Ms. Riley’s style is really interesting. You get absorbed into the story and somehow live and breathe with the characters. I have three or four more of her books and I know I’m going to enjoy them enormously.
What else? Oh, a contemporary fiction which hasn’t been very interesting so far. I’m in the third chapter of “Wednesday Night Witches” by Lee Nichols and already think Eve is a doormat! Well, let’s see what happens at the end!

No comments: