Monday, June 25, 2007

So many books, so little time!

So many books I finished and haven’t got the time to write about them. “The mistress of the Art of Death” was one of the best books I’ve read recently. Adelia is a doctor in middle ages and coming from Salerno Sicily to investigate death of four children in a backwater town in England. Town folks are divided and Christians are making life hard for Jews, destroying their businesses and attacking their houses. Working parallel with Adelia and her team (Mansur an eunuch Arab who is her bodyguard, Simon a Jew and agent of king of Sicily, a Celtic housekeeper and her grandson, and prior of the town) is Sir Rowley Picot, handsome crusader and tax agent; inspiring love, friendship, and a deep suspicion in Adelia’s mind and heart. What will happen? Who is the murderer? Read the book and find out!
Next, I spend much time reading five of Lisa Scottoline books. Most of her books are about a cast of characters whom you come to love after a while. Rosato and Associates is an all woman law firm, having Bennie Rosato as the owner. “Mistaken Identity” and “Dead Ringer” are about her. Judy Carrier an athletic Californian lawyer with artistic flair tries her own case in “The Vendetta Defense”. Marry DiNunzio, good catholic Italian girl with dark blond hair and low confidence; is solving her complicated historical case in “Killer Smile”. The fourth associate Anne Murphy, the red head beauty had her adventure in “Courting Trouble”.
Devil’s Corner” is about some one not related to Rosato & As, so I didn’t like it that much!
I read the most recent book of Kim Harrison, “For a few Demons more”. I love Rachel Morgan and Ivy and Jenks. I had waited for this book impatiently but was very sad at the end of the story. Yes, Rachel did good introducing Trent and Ceri and interrupting Trent’s wedding and helping FIB and David, but oh my god! I was so sad. I cried some when Kisten died. I loved that confident sexy blond vampire, I loved him. Why? Why should he die? I don’t want to read more about them, it is not fair to Kisten’s memory.
The other book which I had waited long and hard for it was “No humans involved” by Kelly Armstrong, one of my favorite authors. This book is about Jamie Vegas the cute red headed spiritualist and necromancer. She finds the killers of children in LA with some help and protection from Jeremy (oh, yes, that sexy black haired middle aged alpha werewolf).
What else? Hooooooom, “The Water Devil” by Judith Merkle Riley, third book of A Margaret of Ashbury Novel series.
A Vision of Light” and “In Pursuit of the Green Lion” are the first two books which I missed but going to hunt down. In "Water Devil", Margaret a beautiful healer in medieval times is trying to solve all her domestic conflicts, tame her wild daughters into ladies and save her son’s life from a jealous madwoman. She also has to find time to help her father-in-law and make her husband’s relationship with his father better. She is funny, entertaining and utterly kick-ass in a very lady-like gentle fashion. Loved her!
I’m getting a taste for those dark ages and those manly man knights!
The sun over Breda” is the third book of Captain Alatriste adventure by Arturo Perez-Reverte Spanish author. Loved the first two books “Captain Alatriste” and “Purity of Blood”. Happening in inquisition times in Spain under Philip IV regime, Inigo tells the story and adventures of Captain Diego Alatriste. Series is great historical novel and I loved reading about Spain.
Yes, finally I gave up and have started to read from Anne Rice. I’ve just started the “Blackwood Farm”. We’re gonna talk about Lestat later. I promise!

No comments: