Thursday, June 28, 2007

Beware, vampires are coming!

I can’t deny it! I have been fascinated with vampires after watching Bram Stocker’s Dracula when I was 16 years old. Forgetting the horrors of that movie (I couldn’t sleep for a week, I couldn’t stay alone at home for months!), I’ve been reading vampire novels seriously for three or four years. So many books I can’t remember them very well, let’s try and list those that I can:
By Barbara Hambly: “Those who hunt the night” and “Traveling with the dead”
By Tania Huff: “Blood Debt”, “Blood Pact”, “Blood Trail” and “Blood Debt” (from Blood Series)
By Patricia Briggs: “Moon Called” and “Blood Bound”
By Mary Janice Davidson: “Undead and Unwed”, “Undead and Unemployed”, “Undead and Unappreciated”, “Undead and Unreturnable”, “Undead and Unpopular”, and “Undead and Uneasy”, “Dead and loving it” (from Betsy Taylor series)
By Kim Harrison: “Dead witch walking”, “The Good, the Bad, and the Undead”, “Every which way but Dead”, “A fist full of Charms”, and “For a few demons more”
By Kelly Armstrong: the woman of other world series
By B. Hendee and J.C. Hendee: “Dhampire”, “Thief of Lives”, “Sister of the dead”, “Traitor to the blood”, and “Rebel Fey” (from Dhampire series)
By Michelle Rowen: “Bitten and Smitten” (from Toronto vampires series) “Fanged and Fabulous” is out too.
By Gerry Bartlett: “Real vampires have curves” book
By Kimberly Raye: “Dead End Dating” and “Dead and Dateless” (from A Novel of Vampire Love series)
By Katie Macalister: “A girls guide to vampires”, “Sex and the Single vampire”, “Just one sip”, “Sex, Lies, and vampires”
By Lynsay Sands: “Single White vampire”, “Tall, Dark, and Hungry”, “Love bites”, “A quick bite”, “A bite to remember”, “Bite me if you can” (from Argeneau Vampire)
By Charlaine Harris: “Dead until dark”, “Living dead in Dallas”, “Dead to the World”, “Club Dead”, “Dead as a door nail”, “Definitely Dead”, “All together Dead” (from Southern Vampire Mysteries)
By Savannah Russe: “Beyond the Pale”, and “Past Redemption” (from Darkwing Chronicles) books 3 is out too.
By Karen Chance: “Touch the dark” and “Claimed by shadow” (from Cassandra Palmer series)
By Laurell K. Hamilton: (from Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series) “Danse Macabre”, “Micah”, “Cerulean Sin”, “Incubus Dreams”, “Obsidian Butterfly”, “Circus of the damned”, “Narcissus in chains”
There are some more that I can’t remember the name of the authors or the books. Also some collection of short stories by different authors like “Bite”, “Cravings”, “Dates from hell”,…
But all in all I kept myself away from Anne Rice books for no certain reason. May be it wasn’t the right time to start her work. I had seen half of the movie “Interview with a vampire” and heard “Taltos” on audio book but hadn’t pay attention to the name of the author. But that spell finally broke this last week and I finished three of Anne Rice books “Memnoch, the Devil”, “Blackwood Farm” and “Blood Canticle”. I love Lestat, OK, maybe love is a strong word for that self center vain SOB (even after his moral evolution). I can say I like him fine! About plots and cast of character it is too early too judge. Anne Rice style? Do I like it? Hoom! Let me read a few more of her books, but the answer is Yes up to now!
More on this subject later!

No comments: