Thursday, December 20, 2007

“Exit Strategy”

When I put hold on 15-20 books last Friday night, I was absolutely fed up with all the romances I was reading (Well paranormal romances to be exact. I hate romance!) The only saving grace was they all had happy endings and were helping my stress level (something somewhere was going right!). I didn’t know how much I’ve missed a well written book and a wonderful plot until I started “Exit Strategy” (Nadia Stafford Series, Book 1) by Kelley Armstrong. Ms. Armstrong has done a great job with Women Of Other World series but in “Exit Strategy” she has shown her total mastery in describing human emotions and complicated characters. Nadia’s character is so real you can laugh and cry with her. Although at the beginning you wonder how a hit-man (hit-woman) can have normal emotions, at the end of the book you come to love Nadia and Jake and even Evelyn. I impatiently wait for the second book of the series.
I checked out the book on Tuesday afternoon and was finished by Wednesday morning!
After that I spent a half day on Stephanie Rowe’s “Sex & the Immortal Bad Boy”. Well, remember Theresa, Justin and Becca? This one is about Paige. Cute story and a total fluff!


Now that I've started the latest book of my all times favorite author Terry Pratchett, I’m going to savor it!

No comments: