Monday, December 17, 2007

Hooray, it’s Christmas!

I’m alive; I’m well and done with the exams! Hooray! Now I can live my life for three glorious weeks any way I want! I can shop until I drop (already started that one!) I can read as much books as my heart desires and I can eat chocolate and enjoy it too! Haa! Did you know when you are stressed you can’t taste chocolate? I just found out! So now after almost finishing a box World finest Mint Meltaways, I can enjoy the taste of the last one!
Anyway, last week in my study breaks I finished “Swimming without a Net” (Fred the Mermaid, Book 2) by MaryJanice Davidson and started on “Wife for Hire” by Janet Evanovich. It is funny but not as great and simplistic as her other books.
Then Friday night right after my last exam, I started searching for the books on my list. Thank heaven many of them are available in the library! I have a list of 15 books on hold!
Then I started a Christmassy book in honor of the holidays! Yes, “Santa Baby” by Jennifer Crusie, Lori Foster, and Carly Philips. Crusie’ novella wasn’t up to her usual standard, but the novella from Carly Philips more than made up for that! I tell ya!
After that was a paranormal romance by Susan Squires. “The Burning” is about Stephen a two thousand years old vampire from Carpathian Mountains and beautiful and weird Miss Ann Van Helsing who can read everyone’s life by a touch. Well have you ever wondered why Mr. Van Helsing hated vampires? In this book you will find an answer but you’ll come to dislike Van Helsing so much it would ruin the movie for you! Be truly warned!
Had I read anything else from Susan Squires? Yes, “Sacrament”. And yes, “The Burning” is much better! Apparently they are from a series but I won’t recommend it. Just my opinion really! You feel like reading some gory torture and abuse and nasty sex scenes, go ahead and read them, I can’t stop you! Her other books are "The Comanion" and "The Hunger" and NO! I'm not going to read those two! Mark my words!

No comments: