Monday, September 10, 2007

Anne spelled with an e!

Been reading three first books of Anne Shirley series by L. M. Montgomery, "Anne of Green Gables", "Anne of Avonlea" and "Anne of the Island". The humor, morals, and simplicity of the stories fascinated me but truth to be told, I liked the TV series better! Although it hasn’t stopped me from putting hold on the rest of the series! Anne’s childhood character is so perfect and cute and her dialogs so un-child-like that I wondered if she wasn’t knowingly manipulating adults around her, but NO! Such wild accusations are wrong concerning little Miss Shirley!
Anyway I adored her melodramas. She is a perfect drama queen. I wish this concept was known when Ms. Montgomery was alive.
After all the froufrou and cuteness on Anne’s adventures, I spend a day reading “Death by Pantyhose” by Laura Levine. The sixth book of Jaine Austen series, a freelance poor journalist who has low confidence and high appetite and is solving crime mysteries in her spare time. Way tiresome, very cliché, unbelievably dull!
My new discovery is Trader Joe’s Belgian Chocolate Hazelnut “Seashells”, a box of twenty chocolate in shapes of shells and seahorse and starfish. Very cute, uber yummy!

No comments: