Saturday, September 22, 2007

In a hurry!

Two weeks without a new post. Huh? I’ve been lazy, What you can tell about that?!
OK, for first 4-5 days after finishing first three books of Anne Shirley adventures I wasn’t reading anything, just eating chocolate and fighting my mad cravings for shopping! Then I started reading “Anne of Windy Poplars”, “Anne’s House of Dreams”, "Anne of Ingleside”, and “Rainbow Valley” from L.M. Montgomery. I loved following Anne’s stories, but as the pace is slow and I was reading slower, It took a long time to finish!
Beside that, I finished a couple of etiquette books by Kim Izzo and Ceri Marsh, “The Fabulous Girl’s Guide to Decorum” and its sequel, “The Fabulous Girl’s Guide to Grace under Pressure”. Some of the rules had me laughing feverously like how to manage love affairs with grace and manners! Ha ha ha!
Another book which I leafed through and got bored with was “Girl Anatomy” by Rebecca Bloom, the story of Lily’s heartaches and loves and basically her being without a backbone!
What the lady wants” by Jennifer Crusie is the story of Mitch -a Sam Spade wanna-be - and his great big case, catching the killer whom Mae Belle (a femme fatal) hires him to find. Fun, light, happy-ending, like all Jennifer Crusie’s books.
I finished “Over the Moon” a collection of four novellas by Angela Knight, MarryJanice Davidson, Virginia Kantra, and Sunny. Loved two of the stories more than others: "Moon Dance” by Knight and “Mona Lisa Three” by sunny were fantastic, imaginative, funny, and sexy. Kick-ass heroines and handsome heroes, what else you wish for in a novella?
My side-reading had been “Dead Girls are Easy” by Terri Garey the story of a girl who has a near-death experience and after that sees ghosts (and just has to help them go to light) and “Changeling” by Yasmine Galenorn the second book of The Sisters of the Moona series featuring three half blooded Fae sisters. This book is about Dalilah the second sister who turns into a tabby cat when she is stressed!
Autumn is finally here and I have just a few days before start of the term to finish my shopping and get ready for school. I don't think I have much opportiunity for reading books when the term starts.

No comments: