Tuesday, August 7, 2007

How was your day?

I had the most hectic day yesterday! I woke up pretty early (for me!), my cat was sick and I had to do some cleaning, went to court for the first time in my life (toll road violation! We have an account with them. I just didn’t have my fast track device with me! That was my first ever ticket), spend three hours there, saw a lady find a date there (there has to be a book or something on: Where NOT to find Dates!), issued a check and forgot to sign it, and last and the most frustrating of all; saw the copy of “Eldest” being picked from library shelves by someone else! If I just got there two minutes earlier! Sheesh, what a day!
Then I started “Cabal” by Clive Barker and half way through decided I don’t like it. It was a horror romance, full of murder and mayhem and psycho killers and gory details, yuck! So got home and started reading “The Winter Prince” by Cheryl Sawyer. It is a historical novel happening in England of King Charles I, telling of why he closed the parliament and how the war started. I’d though I left historical novels in my teens, but this book proved me wrong. I love Marry Duchess of Richmond. More on the book later!

No comments: