Sunday, May 20, 2007

Yeah, had the exam on Friday! How did you know?!! Anyway, it’s finished and gone now and I’m free to enjoy my excessive readings one more time (or until next exam 3weeks from now!). I started (and finished) “Pomegranate Soup by Marsha Mehran.
The story of three immigrant sisters in Ireland. Marjan, Bahar, and Layla who fled the revolution in Iran and sought their home and future in London. But something makes them uneasy and they move to cold colorless and unfriendly little village in Ireland. Marjan with her magical cooking and Layla with her youth attract friends, but what about Bahar? Why is she so cold and dramatic and bitchy? Well, don’t be lazy! Read the book! It is enchanting and you will get to love characters. A love struck teenager who wants to be an astronomer, a comedian catholic priest, drama queen ex-actress hairdresser, and a sweet (literally!) Italian widow help our three sisters fight the cold unfriendly villagers and set up their exotic café. The book is full of descriptions of Persian cooking and has recipes too. Totally yummy!
The second book of the series (at least I’m hoping it is!) is named “Cafe Babilonia” and I have not seen it yet. I seriously hope the story continuous; I really liked Marjan and Layla. I want to see them live a happy life in their chosen home!
The other book I’ve started tonight is “Dante's Girl (Kayla Steele)” by Natasha Rhodes. I’m almost halfway through it and fell in love with the heroin Kayla from the page one. But still too soon to judge!

No comments: