Friday, May 11, 2007

I’m smart enough to know I’m in trouble. I can’t stop reading even when I want to. I have so much to do (make something for tomorrow’s potluck, reading 3 text books, doing homework that’s due Monday, prepare for exam that is on Friday,…) but I can’t focus. I can read every thing except my textbooks! What I’m gonna do?
I should check myself in a rehab or something. This obsessive reading is making me dysfunctional!
I have finished “He loves me, He loves me Hot” by Stephanie Rowe. It is the third book of series which involves the same characters. The first one “Date me baby, One more Time” is about Justin, a two hundred plus years old guardian of “Desdemona’s Temptation” (Mona for short) or the goblet of eternal life to us. She is taking care of Mona which is currently in the shape of a coffeemaker with the help from her dragon friend Theresa. Justin falls in love and marries a guy who might die if he doesn’t drink from Mona. The second story “Must love Dragons” happens when Justin is in her honey moon. Theresa is bored and wants to meet her cyberspace lover in real life. She has been trapped in her dragon form for two hundred years, so she makes a deal with Satan. Turns out there is someone looking for her from her past and yes, the lover boy is a dragon slayer by birth. But hey, they are in love, Satan wants Mona, and his second in command -the Rivka Becca- has a soft spot for her scaly silver and blue dragon friend. No worries! With Becca’s help every thing ends well and Theresa marry Zack. “He loves me, He loves me Hot” is the story of Becca, a cold hard bad-ass bitch and Satan’s right hand Rivka. Ooh, she has problems. She has enough of Satan’s ordering her right and left and midway. She wants time for herself, she wants to be independent. She has to separate her life force from Satan’s. She has to find a way to keep her friends, to feel things. But her spell goes wrong and as a punishment Satan saddles her with an apprentice. Some entanglement with a hot guy whom she shouldn’t like (or love or lust after) and some maternal instincts toward Paige (her annoying pupil) later, she is hooked up to her lover's life force for eternity. The guy has become immortal with Theresa’s help and Becca and Paige are free of Satan and Rivka life. The fourth book is supposedly about Paige and her affairs. It is not out yet.
All and all entertaining but you have to have a really wild imagination to accept Satan’s character as an egoistic sex-addict who is a good guy despite being the leader of hell!

The other book I finished was “All together dead” by Charlaine Harris. I love Sooki, she is kind, she is smart, and she is responsible. She goes to a summit with vampire queen of Louisiana and her entourage. She barely sees her boyfriend were-tiger Quinn and worse of all she has another blood exchange with Eric, the handsome Viking vampire. But you know what is really bad? There is an explosion and many people and vampires are killed. She barley manages to save Eric, Pam, the Queen, the demon lawyer, her boyfriend and a handful of friends. Ooh, remember I told you that were-tiger is suspicious? He had a couple of secrets as Sooki finds out.
One other book, I just finish is “Succubus Blues” by Richelle Mead. The story of cute, kind, and utterly one of a kind succubus of Seattle -Georgina Kincaid- who is in love with an author, is dating another nice guy but tries not to drain him and has sex with low-lives for energy fixes. Her friends are a plastic surgeon imp, two kosher vampires (they drink animal blood and love their steaks row), her demon boss, and his drinking buddy archangel Carter. Loved the story and characters. Can’t wait for the second book. What a pity it would take a year to see the second one!

No comments: