Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ready for the take off (Not!)

I have so much to do, I don’t know where to start (yeah! That’s why I’m writing and spending time web-surfing instead of doing something productive! Sheesh!) We are taking a trip this weekend and I haven’t packed yet, I have not done my homework for next week (due Tuesday), hadn’t done laundry, not shopping, nothing! I’m going crazy!
But surprise, surprise, I had time to finish two books and start a third one! I finished “Dante's Girl (Kayla Steele)” by Natasha Rhodes. Very strong characters, nice story, good action! I can’t wait for the next book and rest of the story. Why do I always do this? Start a new series and have to wait (long and hard) for the rest of the books of the series to come out?!
The other book I read was “You suck” by Christopher Moore. This is the third book of him I read and had mix feelings about it. I love his style of story telling; love the characters, just not the endings. He finishes the stories like they are artistic black and white European movies: lights out, curtains drawn, end of the story! It leaves you hanging, not knowing what happens next. I don’t like this feeling of being suspended for ever, worrying about the lives of my favorite characters!
Anyway, In “Bloodsucking fiends” he tells the story of Jody, a cute redhead with sucky love life and how she is turned to vampire and how she deals with her new life style and how she finds Tommy C. Flood, her boyfriend/blood-source/day-time-bitch!
“You suck” starts when Jody has turned Tommy and they are facing a whole new can of worms. Who is going to do the day-work? Whom to bite? And in the middle of it all there is one money-hungry Ho who is making trouble! All in all the book worth every minute of time you spend on it but at the end… let’s not go there!
The only other book I’ve read from Christopher Moore is: “Fluke: Or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings”. An amusing story about whales and marine biologists and love.
I didn’t have much time or appetite for shopping these past few weeks. Only yesterday I bought two beautiful silk scarfs (one blue and one bright pink) and a white plastic frame sunglass (very retro!) out of necessity!
Better get to work and start packing! Bye now!

No comments: