Sunday, March 18, 2007

Reward and Punishment!

Nah, it didn’t work! I’m talking about that reward thing for motivating myself. I haven’t typed one word these past few days!! Instead I have finished three books. The first one was “Shopaholic and Baby” by Sophie Kinsella. Becky Bloomwood Brandon is shopping madly again, invests for her baby’s future and confronts her husband’s famous and crazy ex girlfriend. Also she has enough time to draw a PR stunt and attracts customer to the store she is working in! Isn’t she a multi-tasker?!! There is so much going on in the book that you can pick up which adventure you want to follow! Fun to read, but not as good as first couple of books of the series. It started to go downhill from “Shopaholic ties the Knot”. “Shopaholic and Sister” was a waste of time. This last one is better but not by much!
The second book was “Jinx High” by Mercedes Lackey and about how a Guardian/ Witch/ Romance Writer confronts a 300-something years old entity. The witch-sorcerer thing has inhabited a high school girl’s body and plans to steal a teenage boy! Not a bad story, but honestly; Ms. Lackey is not a good storyteller. This is not the first book I’ve read from her and I always have found the finales rushed and weak.
And last (but not least!) book was “Perfecting Kate” by Tamara Leigh. Kate is a practicing Christian and an interior designer who overhears a comment about herself and starts to “improve” her looks. She has help from her makeup artist boyfriend who really is in love with her roommate and the said roommate! Finally it is an ex plastic surgeon and his love and acceptance which saves her! Mostly the book advises you to be a good Christian (!!!) and be happy with what you got! All the man-stealing bitches will be punished and good people live happily ever after! Kind of boring but I finished it! I had no other alternative to read, I was stuck with the damn thing!
Very low level of chocolate in blood due to not being at home most of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! And no, no, no! I didn’t go shopping. I was at school trying to convince the admission committee that I deserve to start grad program!
I have so many things to do for next week and have done nothing! Wish it was still Monday!

No comments: