Monday, November 16, 2009

Panic readings

You may have heard I have an important exam in a couple of weeks. Studying? Not much! Reading my favorite SciFi-Fantacies? Not much! Why? Because I’m worrying like heck and having panic attacks!
Aside from that, I finally got around to read “Made to Be Broken” (Nadia Stafford, Book 2) by my all time favorite author Kelley Armstrong. An employee of Nadia is lost and she starts to investigate. All her hurt and rage over her past comes creeping back and she is in for a wild bloody ride. But not to worry, Jack has her back and Quinn is the to help her.
Nadia is a strange character. I’m neither a sporty type, nor the type to like violence and guns and tough talking but if Nadia was real; I would love to have her as my friend. She is strong and loyal and has a strong sense of justice. I love the fact that she takes matter into her own hands.
Also finished “Wicked by Any Other Name” by Linda Wisdom. This is the third story in a series that tells the going ons of that seven hundred years old class of witches. This one is about Stasi, the nice romantic witch who owns a lingerie shop. There is a law suit and a cute lawyer and hate and mayhem in town, right before Halloween.
I had read half of the first book of the series but for some weird reason have left the book unfinished and forgotten. Now am starting to read the series again. Currently leafing through the fourth and newest one “Hex in High Heels”.
Am also parallel reading the second book of Chicagoland Vampires series “Friday Night Bites” by Chloe Neill. Merit is adjusting to her duties and responsibilities and fighting her attraction to her master Ethan. That creepy murderess is on the loose and for political reasons it is back to the family for Merit.
Love it!

No comments: