Wednesday, November 25, 2009

one not down, still one to go

I got to read “Unseen Academicals” the latest book of Terry Pratchett. The Unseen University has to put out a team for the game of Foot-the-Ball but can you imagine all those lazy wizards running after a ball?! The cast of characters in addition to the usual suspects (Lord Vetinari, Archchancellor Ridcully, Night Watch, Rincewind, Ponder Stibbons, Librarian,…) includes a street-smart tin-can-kicking young man, a couple of kitchen maids and a so-called goblin who is looking for selfworth and everyone is treating with confusion.
It was a great and funny story as usual but oh so short! And I keep wishing Mr. Pratchett writes a full book on the Librarian. I think it is high time for him to have his own book.
Else? Yeah, “Frostbitten” by Kelley Armstrong was Elena’s account of their Alaskan adventure. Elena had some close calls in this story but somehow she had to deal with issues of her distance past before becoming an Alpha. Oops, did I let the cat (the werewolf?) out of the bag?

And by the way, these books are read for medicinal purposes, to calm my nerves and stuff. I am so devoted to studying for my exam! I deny any charge of slacking and procrastinating and stuff!

No comments: