Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Books were read before ending up in a land far far away!

I have been neglecting this weblog recently so it is time to report on my latest reading:
Dark Blood” is the sequel to “Bone Song” by John Meaney. Laura is dead but her heart is beating inside her boyfriend’s and he is hell bend on taking revenge on those who killed her, to the point of scarifying himself.
I’d said I would read this book because of its morbid atmosphere and all the skeletons and other death-related things but couldn’t stop myself. The story is too powerful and morbidly fascinating and Mr. story telling truly mesmerizing.
Lord of Bones” by Justine Musk was the sequel to “Bloodangle”. It was as good as the first book with a little more emphasis on the love life of Jess. She has become the central role and Kai is doing everything to keep her to himself. What I couldn’t understand was why she has to fall in love with Max too! Anyway amazing reading for a day spent in airports and airplanes. The scary stuff doesn’t seem that scary when there are so many people around!
Read another little paperback I can’t remember the name of right now!
Also am reading “Larceny and Lace” (A Vintage Magic Mystery) by Annette Blair which is much better than her Salem witches series but doesn’t make much sense! If I hadn’t read “Secondhand spirit” this book would sound good but Ms. Blackwell had such a great style and her Lily Ivory was so real that this Madeira character sounds like a spoil brat in comparison. Even her fashion related talk and descriptions are unprofessional like a 15-year-old is talking vintage!
Anyway I’m away on a research trip and supposed to be writing Nobel worthy scientific papers not surfing the web and weblogging! Hah! Like that’s gonna happen, ever!

No comments: