Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Depressed and Reading!

I am so in the mood for old English mansions and stuffy manners and biting conversations! Yeah, been reading a lot of Victorian and Regency era English novels! Just finished “The Private Diary of Mr. Darcy” by Maya Slater. Loved it although at the end cool Mr. Darcy ends up love sick. But this different view on my beloved “Pride and Prejudice” was delicious, witty and amazing.
The Moon Opera” by Bi Feiyu was a sad little story. I’m not in the mood for sad and I didn’t enjoy it. But it is a well written story.
My so awaited “Branded by Fire” (Psy-Changelings, Book 6) by Nalini Singh was great. The story has so many twists and so many groups are competing for power that the love stories are losing the spotlight!
My best read this week: “Secondhand Spirits” by Juliet Blackwell was lovely, low key and entertaining. As I’m discovering the joys of vintage cloths and accessories, this book was the best thing I could read! A witch and the owner of vintage clothing store Lily Ivory is new in San Francisco and is trying to establish herself by finding new friends and her business by matching the right vintage to her customers’ aura. There is a demon loose and a child goes missing and a male witch is asking a lot for a little… loved the story! Only thing bad about the book was that the second one is coming out next year… I mean a whole year from now! Who can wait that long?!!
Visit Ms. Blackwell’s website and her weblog.

I have two psychology books but am not in the mood to finish them. Also a presentation for Friday which have to prepare power point for! And yes, I had two weeks to do it and still…

It’s summer for Christ's sake, who cares about presentations?!

No comments: