Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good Romance is hard to come by, grab it when you find it!

Ok, I know I’ve said it time and again, I don’t like romances, you all know it, right? Now I have a confession to make: I have been enjoying Elizabeth Boyle novels way too much! The thing is these are not some sexed up badly written stories with cheesy plots, no they are not! These books have great dialogs and lots of funny twists. Even the secondary (and tertiary!) characters are well developed and real.
Anyway as it is always with my finding a new author or series, this time -again- I started with Ms. Boyle’s latest book, “Tempted by the night”. But after that I read “Love letters from a duke” which had Felicity Langley and her sister Tally and their cousin Pippin as main characters. As it happens most of the characters appearing in this book had been acting center roles in Ms. Boyle’s other books. I think it all started with “Something about Emmaline” when Lord Alexander Sedgwick is inventing a wife for himself named Emmaline. What he didn’t think about was Emmaline actually turning up in his London house. His best friend is Lord John Tremont (or mad Jake) who has his own book “This rake of mine”. It is in this book that we encounter Langley sisters for the first time and Felicity starts matchmaking. Here is Elizabeth Boyle's website with her different series and characters:

http://www.elizabethboyle.com/books/main.html

I am so waiting for the next book of Marlowe series (still no mention of it in the website) and for April to read Tally’s story from Bachelor chronicles.
There is also a book of three novellas “Hero, come back” which has the “Matchmaker’s bargain” by Elizabeth Boyle in it but I have to say this one was not as good as her other stories.
Anyway I put hold on three more of her books (the Danvers family series) which I know I will enjoy as much.

No comments: