Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Carole Nelson Douglas’ Irene series

I still have to finish “From Dead To Worse” but I’ve been reading four of Carole Nelson Douglas’ Irene series and been fascinated. What a great series!
If you ever wondered about Sherlock Holmes and want to know him more this is the mystery series for you!
The characters are unbelievably loveable. Irene is inspiring, beautiful and kind. Penelope (Nell) is funny and kind hearted in a stuffy English way. Oh, you will wish to meet Godfrey and Quentin. I’ve read "The Advanturess", “Irene’s Last Waltz”, “Chapel Noir”, “Castle Rouge” and “Spider Dance” and loved all of them.
Some of the mysteries are not original but Ms. Douglas more than made up for unoriginality with her great storytelling skills and unexpected twists in the story.
There are three more books in the series which I will hunt down as soon as possible.
Also I wait impatiently for the next book in the series. Unfortunately there is no information about future books of this series in author’s weblog. If you know anything about future adventures of Irene and cohorts, please let me know!

No comments: