Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Books and books and books!

Have lots of work, an exam and am worrying like crazy!
Instead of studying for my exam, I had finished two more of Irene Adler series, “Good night Mr. Holmes” and “Irene at Large”.
Then finally finished “From Dead To Worse”. Poor Sookie had a really hard time in this book. Her selfish brother and his wife were causing trouble, Sookie found out that she has other OTHER relatives, there was a Were war and a vampire takeover and another witch has become her roommate. Wow, no wonder she was so grumpy in the whole book!
What else? Ah, yes; “Personal Demon” by Kelly Armstrong was great. First I thought Hope Adams narrative is weak, hence the need for sharing the narrative with Lucas. But at the end I saw it as a clever storytelling technique that Ms. Armstrong used. Also as this story was very much related to Paige and Lucas’s life, it was fair to give them a voice too.
Else? “White Night” by Jim Butcher. I had heard so much about Dresden Files but never watched the TV series. I’m glad that I finally got a chance to read one of this series. Enjoyed it and am going to read the whole series. (After my exams of course!)
Also I have started “Embrace the Night” (Cassandra Palmer Series, Book 3) by Karen Chance.

Now I should get back to my homework and exam! Yuk!

No comments: