Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Serpent’s Tale

Be still my vampire heart” was much better that the other two books of the series. That ultraromantic and sentimental finale was very suitable and Ms. Sparks didn’t get too detailed about swordfights (which was good! You could use your imagination!). I think this one is the best book of the series. I still have to read “How to marry a Millionaire Vampire”.
Then I truly enjoyed reading “The Serpent’s Tale” by Ariana Franklin. She is such a great author. The story was mesmerizing. I started the book yesterday around noon and finished it by midnight and didn’t put the book down for one minute in between. In this book, Sir Rowley has become a man of God and Adelia is trying to find a balance between her love for him, her child and her career. This Adelia is more feminine, motherhood has changed her. She even feels pity for killers and professional soldiers. But her mind is as sharp as ever, believe me! The court of Queen Eleanor is strange and you slowly fall in love with Henry II. I won't tell the story, I don't want to spoil it for you, but that assassin guy was a complicated character. I never suspected he was the killer.

Reading about twelfth century England convinced me that I never want to time travel into that era. People were so savage!
I loved the book, such a pity it was so short!

No comments: