Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spring Fashion

I’m so tiered of my heavy winter clothes and can not wait for warmer weather. These feelings got way out of hand as of yesterday when I saw two lines of trees full of white blooms and lots of green hills. Is there an exact time when you are allowed to change to your spring wardrobe? A date on your calendar or is it a feeling or just seeing what others are wearing? If the last one is true then it has been spring in Southern California for a couple of weeks now. Girls in school are wearing miniskirt and shorts! Anyway I can’t wait to get rid of my tweeds and wools and knits and boucles. I’m so craving all those airy light fabrics of spring, silk and lace and toile and chiffon… Wow! Also I’m going to adjust my style a little. Usually I wear business casual with some twist… a little femininity or something periodical and costumey piece. This winter specially, I was all 40’s high waist skirts and defined shoulders… But for spring, I’m thinking more ruffles and lace and sheer silky fabrics with bows and flowers… As for colors, I’m still happy with my black and whites and reds and occasional orange and greens… Also I’m going to add bright yellow to the mix as well. I’ve been enchanted with feminine details of Anthropologie’s stuff and cute designs of my recent discovery, Madison Bleu.
My planned looks for this spring are:
-Jeans and nauticals (yeah, just like last summer! It never goes out style!)
-A little safari pieces
-lots of ruffles and ribbons and flowers and Victorian blouses

No comments: