Sunday, January 20, 2008

Books are good for you!

I had some busy days. First I finished “Iron Kissed” (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) by Patricia Briggs. Mercy is endangering herself to save her Fae mentor. Zee the blacksmith is wrongly accused of murder and imprisoned. The story was frustrating because you knew something bad is going to happen to Mercy (which did!). The only good point was that she finally chose between Sam and Adam! I’m waiting for the next book already.
Then I was happy to spend half day finishing “Succubus on Top” by Richelle Mead. Remember Georgina Kincaid? She is back and is helping an old friend seduce a hypocrite radio-lecturer and her mortal friend Doug is doing drugs that are way strange. Loved the story! It ended too soon in my opinion!
After that I finished the book club assignment of this month, three books of Crazy series. “Crazy Wild”,” Crazy Love”, and “Crazy Sweet” by Tara Janzen. The series has five or six books (“Crazy Hot”, “Crazy Cold” and “Crazy Kisses”) and the sequel series is Loose series (“On the Loose” and “Cutting Looses”). A group of chop shop boys turned secret agents are fighting crime and terrorism and finding love.
And two more books from my new favorite series Elemental Masters: “The Wizard of London” and “Phoenix and Ashes” by Mercedes Lackey. In the first one, a power hungry lady master of air is threatening the life of a ten year old true medium. It is Victorian England and a private school for talented children houses the most amazing headmistress ever. No, I won’t tell the story! Go read it yourself!
“Phoenix and Ashes” is a new take on Cinderella. Young Eleanor loses her father in the World War II. Her new stepmother is a black earth master and turns her to a housemaid. Reggie is an air master and the lord of nearby property (yes, the prince charming!). He is a shell-shocked pilot and the wicked stepmother wants him as her son in law. Anyway you know the story! But believe me when I say it is very enchanting and well worth reading!
And no, I haven’t finished “Holy Smokes” yet! It is quite boring compare to these other books!

No comments: