Friday, November 9, 2007

“Express yourself!"

“Express yourself! Do something creative!” This was the most recent (Wednesday night) fortune cookie massage I got, right after a math exam! It takes more than twenty four hours after stressing over exams (two in 3days, studying for them for a week) for the creative juice to flow! Anyway, I calmed myself by re-reading “Moon Called” and “Blood Bond” by Patricia Briggs.
Last week after finishing that Toxicology exam, I had a day and half to spend on:
Soul Song” (Dirk & Steele, Book 6) by Marjorie M. Liu. Well, I like “Tiger Eye” much better. But “Soul Song” was better than “The Red Heart of Jade”. Should I reserve judgment and look for “Eye of Heaven” and “Shadow Touch”? Hooom! Maybe!
Blame it on Cupid” by Jennifer Greene was a plain old-fashion romance with no trace of supernatural what so ever. Kind of refreshing! And nothing special! Girl meets boy. Boy is a player; girl doesn’t want to be tied down. They fell in love and change their nature and settle down with happily ever-after!
Then “Dangerous games” (Riley Jensen, Guardian, Book 4) by Keri Arthur. I don’t think I’m up for all the violence in her books. I curb my curiosity and won’t read anymore of Riley Jensen's adventures. She is a hybrid of vampire and werewolf, very sexy and very kick ass, but she has something missing. She does not appear real. Her character is lacking something!
And finally, “A lick of Frost” (Meredith Gentry, Book 6) by Laurell K. Hamilton. I enjoyed it! I loved it! I want to read it over and over! Merry is defending her guards against her uncle’s (King of light and Illusion) accusations, she is bargaining with Ash and Holly (twin half-breed goblins), tries to pacify Frost and Rhys, is surviving her aunt (Queen of night and darkness) attentions, and is carrying twins! Wow! Talk about action packed! But the ending! Ah, Ms. Hamilton is so cruel! How could we wait a year (at least) for the next book?! What will happen at the hospital? Will Merry get to sit on the golden throne or she remains in dark court? What happens to Frost? And Mistral? What about other guards, will they have to go back to the queen? Eeeeeeesh! I can’t wait! It is not fair!
But the book was great, I tell ya!

No comments: