Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Time flys when you're not having fun!

With the schedule I’m having it’s a wonder I’ve not gone totally nuts! I’ve been working on a midterm (take-home) for 4 days. I’ve completed one set of homework and stressing over two exams.
I finished 2 books (very quick reading) last week. One was “damsel under stress” by Shanna Swendson. Book three of Katie Chandler adventures in a magic company, it tells a supernatural love story in corporate settings with lots of twists and humor. The first two books are “Enchanted Inc.” and “Once upon stilettos”. Katie is finally dating the man of her dreams but every magical being in the world is interfering with their dates, most specially Katie’s fairy godmother who after years and years of absent from Katie’s love life has chosen this particular time to appear. If I was going to rate it in scale of 1-5, the book only would have made a 2.
The other book was “Falling out of fashion” by Karen Yampolsky. A very lukewarm biography of a fashion editor. After second chapter you get bored out of your skull. The narrator voice is way too dull and flat. I just skipped through and read every couple of pages to get the whole story!
What I really want to do is get the “A lick of Frost” by Laurell K. Hamilton and forget every thing else for a day which is not possible. I have waited months for this book, the sixth book of Meredith Gentry series and now that it’s out I don’t have time to read it except for a few pages every other night or so. Life is so not fair!
On a positive note, it’s raining chocolate! Just received a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts from Australia. Hooooooooom! Very fancy, very delish! The box is almost empty and it took only a couple of days!

No comments: