Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Blood and Chocolate!

I’m reading “Blood Bank” by Tanya Huff. It is a collection of stories under one general name, each story featuring either Henry Fitzroy or Vickie Nelson from Blood Series. When I was collecting the Blood books this collection was not published but in the new edition of books each volume includes two books and “Blood Bank” is in volume three after “Blood Debt”. Henry is an old school type vampire (he drinks blood of his victims and is not gentle or cute). He is all power and mystery, an old aristocrat. Victoria (victory) Nelson on the other hand although a child by vampire standards is acting very mature and trying to keep her new life style pretty normal. All in all, very interesting study while waiting for a bunch of new books to come out.
Again I’m in the lab, sitting in cold, freezing my nose off, waiting for the time to pass. Again no chocolate bar in site. Why I’m forgetting to bring one with me?
After some time straying from my dark chocolate (gourmet) diet, I’m back to 71% Dark chocolate again. Finished a bar of 71% Valrhona, another box of chocolate mosaic these past couple of weeks, and now am working on a bar of 70% Lindt. I learned my lesson from that rebellious period. Eating Dove bars, Hershey sticks, and a couple of bags of M&M is not satisfying. You keep eating and eating and adding to your pant size but two hours later you still crave chocolate! Now with these Dark ones (ooh, sounds like a race of vampires, maybe those from Katie Macalister’s books!) you eat one square (1/8 or 1/10 of a bar) and you don’t want to look at any type of chocolate snack. Isn’t it great?!

No comments: