Monday, March 26, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine!

I had a couple of really productive days! Spend four hours Saturday afternoon shopping in one of the largest malls of this area. I’m so in love with spring fashion, all those shrunken jackets, white, pale blue and gray cotton trench coats, ooh; and the dresses, my my… all those purple, yellow, orange and reds… I’ve died and gone to heaven! J Crew is becoming my favorite store, such a class, such merchandize… and best of all, a red-orange miniskirt for $8.50!!! Wow, shopping gods were smiling at me! Pre-ordered some cosmetic in Macy’s, too. But as hard as I try, I don’t like Macy’s, it’s too stuffy and crowded, much prefer shopping in boutiques than in a department store. Took a pick at some truffles in Godiva boutique but wasn’t in mood for sweet truffles. I’m still working on my %71 dark chocolate. And Sunday grocery shopping which I usually don’t like, but treated myself to some sweets and every things got better instantly!
Books, oh yes; books! Finished “Lover Revealed” by JR Ward. Didn’t like it as much as previous books of the series. The plot was cheesy! Butch O’Neil was a vampire all along and they could turn him into a warrior? He finally found his home… oh, home sweet home! And all those playing innocent virgin by Marissa? Oof, give me a break (or at least let me laugh for half an hour)! The way she transformed from a shy unwanted girl in her caset to an executive woman? I wish! And no, oh no, my Vishous is into S&M stuff? And he is an angel inside? No way!!! Therefore hereafter, I officially am in love with Phury; at least he is celibate, no skeleton in his closet (yet)!
Also started “Bustin’” by Minda Webber. Do not, I repeat; do not under any circumstances buy her books. This is the third book of hers I’m reading and it sucks! I stumbled into the first one “The Remarkable Miss Frankenstein” and read the second one “The Reluctant Miss Van Helsing” with scientist neutrality (tried to, anyway!). I didn’t like any of those books and then last Friday out of an honest mistake I bought her newest book “Bustin’”. I blame the cover design, it fooled me, tempted me and made me forget I know the author’s name (and the fact that it was in my red list!). So here I am, 150 pages into the book and totally disgusted and bored. Who buys her books anyway (if not by mistake like me!)? Her characters are (suppose to be) sassy, pretty (simple looking with hearts of gold and hidden depths! HAA!) Girls with large mouths and not enough brains who entangle themselves in impossible situation to prove themselves. Then they get into so much trouble that the guy they were out to impress has to come to their rescue! And the idiot is impressed with their stupidity! Can you believe it?! And please, don’t get me started on word plays and cutesy expressions in every other sentences, it’s a torture disguised in frills and laces and equally disgusting!
Am I not a little Miss Sunshine today?! Not my fault, it’s a dark gloomy day and I’m waiting for some news!

No comments: