Saturday, March 31, 2007

Gone with the movie!

I had a couple of busy days. Finished “The Saffron Kitchen” by Yasmin Crowther. It’s the story of a mother grown up in Mazareh and Mashhad (Iran) before revolution and gone to England and her daughter growing up not belonging, and how they find peace and clear the shadows between them. Very cultural, a mix of old and new, western costumes and eastern traditions. A sad tale of love, lose, and finally making peace.
Also finished “The Scot, The Witch, and The Wardrobe”. Yup, Happy endings all around!
What I want to write about is the movie “Music and Lyrics”. It was funny, happy, romantic, and full of gorgeous clothes. Drew’s wardrobe consultant and stylist have been geniuses. All those bohemian cloths for Sophie! Ah, my, I loved every single one of them! I’m looking for the dress she wore with that beat up jean jacket and her brown aged leather bag. That gray silk number with orange-red flower pattern? I’m so in love!
Ooh, and didn’t Hugh Grant look homo in his 80s costume and flash backs or what?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, this one really brought up the memory of the day we saw this movie! I also really liked it!