Wednesday, September 28, 2011

“My Sister’s Song”

The first ebook I read was “My Sister’s Song” by Gail Carriger published as Kindle ebook. It is a little historical novella happening at the time of Roman Empire.

Mithra and her fellow warriors of a small tribe must fight with a legion of Roman soldiers. The Romans have the advantage in numbers, in weapons and in fighting abilities. What Mithra has is the knowledge of very peculiar local product. Would that be enough?

The story was clever, sweet and fast paced. What made it more attractive were the historical facts. All in all, very lovely and satisfying for my first ebook!

1 comment:

leneatiengo said...

I love Kindle! Which kind of Kindle did you get? Did you hear about the Kindle Touch that is only $79?! How did you like your Kindle?