Tuesday, January 4, 2011

“Side Jobs” and “A Touch of Dead”

Not up-dating this weblog doesn’t mean not reading, although I’ve been reading very little these past couple of months. I enjoyed two anthologies by my favorite authors.

Side Jobs” by Jim Butcher covers some smaller adventures of Harry Dresden, small but not boring! The last story in the book happens after the “Changes” with Harry’s friends doing their best to keep the city safe from supernatural threats. I had read some of the stories in other anthologies but reading them in chronicle order was offering a new perspective. Anyhow I cannot wait for the “Ghost Stories” to hit the market.

A Touch of Dead” by Charlaine Harris is a collection of five short stories on some misfortune and adventures Sookie shares with her vampire, werewolf and fairy friends. Again most of (I guess all of) these stories were published in other anthologies, so nothing new. But having all of them in one volume and adding it to my Sookie books was necessary, so thank you Ms. Harris!

No comments: