Wednesday, June 16, 2010

“Vampire diaries”

I got to watch a few sessions of “vampire diaries” at my parents and I became addicted!
I know I have a tremendous tendency to all kind of addiction:
chips and sunflower seeds in the afternoon, TV series, chocolate, late night music specially Taylor Swift and Beyonce, chocolate, chamomile tea, tomato basil soup, shopping, chocolate, handbags, cheesecakes and cream poufs, light airy dresses, chocolate, blogging, red wine…
Did I say chocolate? It’s a wonder I’m not a homeless junkie!
Anyhoo, I fell in love with the series and as soon as I got back I put hold on the books in the library.
Now the books are too different than the TV series but good in their own way.
The history of vampire brothers is quite different in the books, also the cast of characters is much smaller and the story has a faster pace.
What I liked about the TV series was Damon’s and Elena’s characters, more real, more believable. In the book, Damon is truly evil and Elena is a Saint (a real one after she comes back from the dead). The TV series has better plots and stories too. In the book the plots are simple and (a little) cliché.
The books are “The Awakening”, “The Struggle”, “The Fury” and “Dark Reunion” for the first part. After Elena comes back, there is “The Return” series with two books so far: “Nightfall” and “Shadow Souls”. All the books are by L. J. Smith.
I’d say I liked the few episodes of the TV series that I watched better than the books just because of the actor Ian Somerhalder playing Damon. You agree, don’t you?!

No comments: