Sunday, November 23, 2008

Books, work, depression!

I’m gonna nag! Yeah, I have a presentation (and of course I knew about it for 2 months and still didn’t do anything!), I have a paper and two finals, couple of quizzes and at least 4 more sets of home work for next couple of weeks and I’m too depressed to do anything!
Now back to books:
The Magical Christmas Cat” by Lora Leigh, Erin McCarthy, Nalini Singh, and Linda Winstead Jones. Four Christmas novella with cat themes, all were good. Some big cats, some small cats, some cats as lovers, some cats as monsters, some cats as cute and meddling.
Wolfsbane and Mistletoe” by Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner had 10-14 small stories by different authors and some were amazing. My favorites were from Charlaine Harris, Patricia Briggs, Carrie Vaughn and the last two stories by authors I can’t remember the names of.
Buckingham Palace Gardens” (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt Novels) by Anne Perry was the first book I read from this author and it would be the last. I have read much better mysteries and this one seemed kind of pale in comparison.
The Moneypenny Diaries” by Kate Westbrook was very interesting. I’m not a big fan of “Bond, James Bond!”; but this book was quite interesting and well written. I’m going to look for the rest of series.
Shadow Kiss” (Vampire Academy, Book 3) by Richelle Mead had a sad ending. Rose was having a tolerable time at the end of her academic life and was looking forward to her future adventures. Why should it happen like that, why?! I hope, very seriously hope; that Ms. Mead will find a way to bring back the lovely hero of the series or I will be very heartbroken and disappointed and sad and mad and…!
Two books by Jennifer Rardin: “Biting the Bullet” (Jaz Parks, Book 3) and “Bitten to Death” (Jaz Parks, Book 4). Well, they were OK. I mean Jaz is this superhero secret service assassin and got lots of cool gadgets and powers and all… her character is very hard to believe. She has a genius inventor and a vampire boss and a seer in her team! Yeah, and she is in love with her boss. I didn’t like Jaz's character, too far fetched, too powerful, too perfect… but the style and adventures and plots of the stories were good. Very well written, I should say. I couldn’t put the books down (and I didn’t like Jaz!).

No comments: