Monday, July 21, 2008

Reading Junk!

When you are depressed, the whole world is going against you. You can’t even find good books. I have no problem with junk foods (love them actually!) but junk book? No way Jose! A famous guy once said “every written word is worth reading at least once!” and I had the quote printed and hanged on my bookcase but after reading these books I changed my mind:
She's no angel” by Leslie Kelly, a story happening in a town named Trouble. A New York cop going to his grandfather’s house meets a girl without shoes, car or a cell phone by the road. Well he has Hero syndrome and has to save her and the rest is history.
Someone like him” by Karen Kendall is a modern day Cinderella story happening in Manhattan. Yeah, you guessed it: BORING!
The Penwyth curse” by Catherine Coulter was a historical-paranormal romance. The characters were savage and rude, the story had a loose foundation and was all over the place. Very cheesy indeed!
Oh god, I hate romances! Why did I waste my time reading this junk? I feel sick!
Then “Unlucky in law” by Perri O'Shaughnessy, a bad murder-legal mystery. It was bad, story was cliché, take this one as a sample: the murderer killed because he had stolen something and he stole that thing because he just liked to look at it! What the heck!
The black tattoo” by Sam Enthoven is a YA adventure book. The characters are fourteen and the book is written for teen and preteen boys. It is just like a computer game, all actions and swords and kicks and bangs: demons want to destroy the world, a teen gets super powers over night, angry teen hates his family…. Blah blah blah….
It is such a sad state, but actually this book was the best I’ve read this week! Yuck!

No comments: