Thursday, July 12, 2007

“Tucker for mayor: More of the same!”

I was reading “Lean Mean Thirteen” by Janet Evanovich as slowly as I could. Her books are like a glass of cold lemonade in hot summer afternoon. Her jokes and sense of humor is childish, simplistic and really funny. Stephanie Plum is a disaster walking and all the king’s men (at least Joe Morelli and Ranger) can’t stop her from happening time and again in each book. The best part is these all happens with such a frequency that you keep laughing your way through the whole book and certainly feel disappointed when it is finished. I absolutely adore Stephanie’s character and lust (shamelessly) after Morelli and Ranger. I’m waiting for the fourteenth book and am planning to start collecting all of Stephanie Plum novels.
Reading LM13 put me in a mood for more of Evanovich humor so I worked my way through “Thanksgiving”, “Manhunt” and “Smitten” in 24 hrs where two matchmaking troublesome pooches and a cute rabbit with warm brown eyes and an appetite for clothes are finding eternal love for their owners. Very funny indeed!
The whole “Tucker for mayor: More of the same!” stuff in BBC had me quite curious, so I finished “Welcome to Temptation” by Jennifer Cruise and loved Phin, Sophie, Amy and Davy. The best part was (because I had read “Faking It” three years ago) I got the full scope (finally!). Loved loved loved those crooked Dempseys! Hope she writes Amy’s story next!
Then again for more pleasure from Cruise writing I finished “Crazy for you” and “Anyone but you” but they paled compare to Dempsey series.
Rest of my reading has been about olive oil wastewater treatment and I’m sure you are not interested in that. Lucky you by the way, you don’t have to sit in a small office with three other people and with only one computer and read about ways people screw the planet! Humph! I’m grumpy, did you notice?! I need shopping so badly I was reading my copy of “A girl’s guide to retail therapy” last night and mooning over description of goodies in that book! How pathetic! I’m going out (and not to school) right now!

No comments: