Wednesday, June 6, 2007

How is it when you have no time for socializing you get invited to all these events and your schedule is overflowing but when you are dieing to go to a party, not even one dinner party invitation comes your way?
I have been turning in home works, trying to find time to study for my final (on Monday) with no luck what so ever and attending a couple of parties and dodging a couple of more invitations. There is still one baby shower I have to attend on Sunday and a wedding in another three weeks, but hey, that is a long way out! Have been out going up and down hill sides and checking hiking trails three time this week, just to find a waste water treatment plant for class project! What a lousy class this one turned out to be! And what do I do in this most fabulous time when not attending obligatory gatherings or cleaning dust from my sneakers after walking up and down a mountain trial for an hour in hot sun? Why, read of course!
Have finished three more books by Lisa Scottoline, “Running from the law”, “Courting Trouble”, and “Rough Justice” are all about female lawyers in Philly and their cases. I like her style of writing although after reading four books from her I’m getting used to her tone and twists in story.
Another book I just finished is “The Devil Wears Prada” by Lauren Weisberger. OK, don’t laugh now! Of course I’ve seen the movie, I loved it; but for some reason I didn’t think the book is going to be any good, may be because of all the advertising! I’m honest to admit I was wrong and the book is very well written and quite entertaining. See, I changed my mind, although I still like the movie better! It is the first time it has happened, me liking a movie better than the book it was based on! I think all those gorgeous clothes in the movie are the reason but hey, read the book, see the movie (if you haven’t already) and then we talk.
You know the only great thing about going to party after party is a chance to wear my lovely clothes and I fully appreciate it! I love pretty clothes! That beautiful bargain dress from ATL was worn to a wedding reception Saturday night with a golden shawl and a golden little clutch (bought for just that purpose the day before), how cool is that!

No comments: