Saturday, May 5, 2007

My cat is purring on my lap and I feel relaxed. After a long time, I had the opportunity to do what I wanted today. I stayed home and cleaned my office and organized my books and papers. I’ve been very busy and stressed and reading like crazy these last few days.
Books I finished:
Cover girl confidential” by Beverly Bartlett. About a mixed-race immigrant girl who becomes American sweet Heart and a celebrity and then gets deported after a couple of scandals (one of them involving the president!). I liked this book more than the other one by the author. “Princess Izzy and the E Street Shuffle” was a little boring.
From Princess Diaries series, I read “Party Princess” and “Princess on the Brink” by Meg Cabot. I very much like Princess Mia’s character but she has became whinny, spoiled and totally self-righteous. In the last book she has broken up with her boyfriend Michel for a stupid reason and is flirting with another boy! She is showing her royal heritage finally!
Sweet and Deadly” by Charlaine Harris was not up to her Sooki Stakehouse series standard. The book had a slow pace. I also have started “All together Dead”, in which; Sooki goes to a couple of weddings and a vampire summit out of state. I like Sooki’s adventure and am hopping she hooks up with Eric the Viking vampire again. He is handsome, powerful, and totally bossy! A very yummy combination! I don’t like her current guy Quinn. Maybe because I don’t like guys who shave their heads, but I have a suspicious he is hiding something. He is a were-tiger and I love tigers. OK, not the Bengal type with its yellow eyes but Siberian ones. Those beautiful creatures with white and black-brown stripes and emerald green eyes? Yeah, those I love. But Quinn is the normal every day garden variety tiger, yellow and brown stripes and yellow eyes. Nothing special!
Another book in Blackbird sisters mysteries, “A little thing called death” by Nancy Martin; was fun (if you can call murder mysteries FUN!). Nora is engaged to Mike ( A mafia heir), Libby is trying to escape her own life and children by planning Nora’s wedding and Emma is receiving calls from strange men in odd hours (Is she moonlighting as a lady of the night?).
One other book was “Duped by Derivatives” by Gail Farrelly. A hotshot investor is murdered and a finance professor, a private detective and an ex-chamber maid are trying to find the murderer. The book is suitable for seventy year olds! The pace is so slow you have to keep your eyes open with match-sticks!
I’m also reading “Dirty Blond” by Lisa Scottoline. It’s about a lady judge who is a sex addict. Her job and life is seriously threatened when media finds out her secret.
Ah, yes! I started “The Maltese Falcon” but didn’t have the patience to finish it. For reading something like that you have to be in a hotel in a tropical beach and just lay in the sun and enjoy the word play and smartness of the author. I am in no position to take a tropical vacation right now! So the book plus two others by Dashiell Hammett goes back to the library. Some other time maybe, baby!
I couldn’t resist buying two box of “Chocolate Mosaic” from Trader Joe’s. Seven different heavenly flavors in a box that is three feet long! Totally gorgeous. And also working on a bar of organic milk chocolate (has soybean milk in it!) from a brand name “Rapunzel”. It is from Belgium.

No more shopping! you can probably tell by my bored and tiered tone. But hey, I bought five sets of gem stone earrings online and am saving to buy that delicious handbag from Banana Republic. Ooh, the sacrifices I make!

No comments: