Thursday, April 26, 2007

I went to the library Monday and checked out some books. I finished three books of “Fudge” series by Judy Blume. Love the characters and the funny happy stories. I know! It’s kind of late for me to read children books but I can’t help it. Sometimes, I need happiness and fun and innocence that comes from childhood. How can I have that without reading books? Maybe one day when I have a child I can share her/him happiness and playfulness but until that day; I’m happy reading children books.
The other book was “Not Another New Year’s” by Christie Ridgway. It was a typical romance, a cute but sad and betrayed school teacher, a hunky secret service agent, nice family members, passionate love from first accidental kiss, belah belah belah…. I wonder how these people can fall in love and decide to marry in just a couple of week? But hey, it’s romance-land and make-believes. It’s very unrealistic! Don’t authors think about real life at all? What if some reader believe all this nonsense and think they can marry the first stranger who draws their fancy? The thing is, I love good stories. If you can’t write well and answer all your readers’ questions, you better not bother at all; that’s my opinion on writing.
Another book was “The Accidental Florist” by Jill Churchill. It’s the latest book of a series and reads like a journal entry without having a journal format. “She woke up, she had breakfast…she talked to her friend…” no emotions, no thoughts, nothing… you can not relate to characters. It’s like a third grader's essay. It’s a report! Forget it. I’m not talking about it!
What I look forward to starting is (or rather are) three books by Dashiell Hammett. I heard so much about him, and I love love love “the Maltese Falcon”. I can’t wait to start them.
Why do I hate grocery shopping so much? I went yesterday (after a five days delay and eating out a lot!) but it was so exhausting! I don’t like supermarkets, that’s for sure. The only stores I like for food shopping are a couple of organic food suppliers. Not that I am addicted to organic, I just like the ambience, the different décor and displays and all those breads and cheese. Yumm!

No comments: